[SOLVED] Edit client phone number JS validation error

1. last year

A properly formatted client phone number is throwing a validation error in the JS console.

Entering the phone number as digit only will pass validation but that is an impractical solution.

Entering a phone number of 123-456-7890 will trigger the validation error in the console.

parsley.min.js:9 You must bind Parsley on an existing element.
    Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'validate' of undefined
        (anonymous function) @ ClientEdit.js:56
        m.event.dispatch @ jquery-1.11.2.min.js:3
        r.handle @ jquery-1.11.2.min.js:3
  2. I was mistaken, that error is thrown every time you submit the client editor form... not sure why yet but it is unrelated to the phone number.

To fix my issue I had to edit the view and increase the field length in the database for both office_phone_number and mobile_number from 15 to 32.

Now I can store a phone number like 123-456-7890 x.100

app/views/clientManager/edit.blade.php : line 56

<input maxlength="15" id="txtOfficePhoneNumber" name="txtOfficePhoneNumber" type="text" placeholder="{{trans('92five.clientOfficePhoneNumber')}}" class="form-control removeRadious" value="{{ $clientInfo->office_phone_number }}" data-parsley-type="number" data-parsley-errors-messages-disabled data-parsley-group="clPhoneNumber" tabindex="7">

change to

<input maxlength="32" id="txtOfficePhoneNumber" name="txtOfficePhoneNumber" type="text" placeholder="{{trans('92five.clientOfficePhoneNumber')}}" class="form-control removeRadious" value="{{ $clientInfo->office_phone_number }}" data-parsley-type="text" data-parsley-errors-messages-disabled data-parsley-group="clPhoneNumber" tabindex="7">

and for the mobile number on line 83 just change maxlength to 32.

or Sign Up to reply!